Location: Spannocchia, Italy [map]
(12th Century Organic Farm and Retreat Centre near Sienna in the heart of Tuscany)
Date: Sep 22 – Sep 29, 2014
Instructor: Angela James
Event page on Spannocchia website: View page
There will be opportunity to participate in other mindful practices: T'ai chi classes and body loosening exercises, followed by guided runs and walks, through the grounds of Castello di Spannocchia and on the paths and gravel roads adjacent in the Alto Merse Forest Reserve.
Touring ProgramWe will spend the majority of each day exploring the surrounding countryside. Some touring highlights include: sampling wines where they are made, exploring a renaissance garden, discovering castle and monastery ruins, learning some Italian (optional), wandering through a Tuscan hill town, authentic Italian cooking classes, and a trip to the ancient town of Sienna.
The Benefits of AttendingWhether you chose to focus on ChiRunning or ChiWalking, you will deepen your understanding of yourself, your body and how to move pain and injury-free for a lifetime. Improve your running or walking skills by strengthening your core muscles, engaging gravity and relaxing your legs.
Daily classes and group runs and walks will help you instill healthy habits that will improve your whole life.
Who should consider this program?Anyone interested in the outdoors and willing to enjoy themselves with others while exploring Tuscany is encouraged to participate in this program.
Group SizeBased on both lodging and transportation, group size is limited to a maximum of 10 to 12 participants.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
Price and discount$2,850 CAD/person* (approx price, depending on single or double occupancy, €1,900 Euros, if you are coming from Europe!)
* Price includes:
- 7 nights of lodging;
- 3 meals per day (wine included), except one dinner on Sat night, where we dine at a local restaurant serving traditional Tuscan Food;
- Transportation from Florence airport to Spannocchia;
- All ground Transportation to and from Sienna including field trips;
- ChiRunning and or ChiWalking instruction and practice daily;
- T'ai Chi classes daily;
- Historical tour of the castello de Spannocchia (12th century farmhouse and the surroundings);
- Cienta Senese Tour and Tasting (How prosciutto is made);
- Wine tour and Tasting.
* Price does NOT include:
- Airfare and all transportation costs to the Florence airport for program;
- Cost for an optional Traditional Tuscan Cooking Class;
- Costs for internet and phone use;
- Cost for optional Italian Language lessons.
Booking and reservation:To book a reservation, please contact Angela.
Your Guidethis page.
Image credit: Tenuta di Spannocchia