Location: Spannocchia, Italy [map]
(12th Century Organic Farm and Retreat Centre near Sienna in the heart of Tuscany)
Date: Sep 23th – Oct 1st, 2013
Instructor: Angela James
Information flyer: View PDF
Event page on Spannocchia website: View page
ChiRunnning/ChiWalkingWe will run/walk once a day either in the morning or the afternoon.Here you'll gain a deeper understanding of and appreciation for the Chi techniques, get personal, in-depth advice and coaching of the Chi Running and Chi Walking techniques from Certified instructor Angela James.
There will be opportunity to participate in other mindful practices: Two T'ai chi classes and body loosening exercises, followed by guided runs and walks, through the grounds of Castello di Spannocchia and on the paths and gravel roads adjacent in the Alto Merse Forest Reserve.
Touring ProgramWe will spend the majority of each day exploring the surrounding countryside. Some touring highlights include: sampling wines where they are made, exploring a renaissance garden, discovering castle and monastery ruins, learning some Italian (optional), wandering through a Tuscan hill town, authentic Italian cooking classes, and a trip to the ancient town of Sienna.
The Benefits of AttendingWhether you chose to focus on ChiRunning or ChiWalking, you will deepen your understanding of yourself, your body and how to move pain and injury-free for a lifetime. Improve your running or walking skills by strengthening your core muscles, engaging gravity and relaxing your legs.
Daily classes and group runs and walks will help you instill healthy habits that will improve your whole life.
Who should consider this program?Anyone interested in the outdoors and willing to enjoy themselves with others while exploring Tuscany is encouraged to participate in this program.
Group SizeBased on both lodging and transportation, group size is limited to a maximum of 10 to 12 participants.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
Price and discount$2,950 CAD/person* (approx price, depending on single or double occupancy)
* Price includes:
- 8 nights of lodging;
- 3 meals per day (wine included), except one dinner on Sat night, where we dine at a local restaurant serving traditional Tuscan Food;
- Transportation from Florence airport to Spannocchia;
- All ground Transportation to and from Sienna including field trips;
- ChiRunning and or ChiWalking instruction and practice daily;
- 2 T'ai Chi classes;
- Historical tour of the castello de Spannocchia (12th century farmhouse and the surroundings);
- Cienta Senese Tour and Tasting (How prosciutto is made);
- Wine tour and Tasting.
* Price does NOT include:
- Airfare and all transportation costs to the Florence airport for program;
- Cost for an optional Traditional Tuscan Cooking Class;
- Costs for internet and phone use;
- Cost for optional Italian Language lessons.
Booking and reservation:To book a reservation, please contact Jane Patrick of North South Travel at 604-717-1751
Your Guidethis page.
Image credit: Tenuta di Spannocchia